Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Glancing back and charging forward.

Looking back I don't know how I did it. I was 19, and it was a really rough pregnancy. At the time I didn't know better, but now, 6 pregnancies later, I know it was a tough one. I'm so proud of my 19 year old self.

Logan was born at 9:46PM after 2.5+ hours of pushing and 16hrs of labor. 9lbs 3oz of baby changed every single thing in our world. The second we saw him, there was no going back. Everything he did was amazing and Logan became the center of our universe.

Today, I'm a crying mess. I can't believe Logan is a teenager.

The teenage years are so hard. We're had a taste of them in the past year but I'm certain the tough years are still ahead of us. I may need to get a part time job just to feed him. I wish I were joking. His words can be so mean, his interests have all changed. At times I wonder if I really know him at all.

As hard as the years ahead seem, I know we'll be okay. I know he's still there. I've witnessed it with my own eyes. 

Every morning when Logan comes out of his room, Declan runs to him and hugs his leg. And Logan reaches down with his strong arms and embraces him. He may be too old to hug and kiss his Mother, but he still has it.
He still has that sweet sweet heart of gold.
I can't wait to see what the future holds.

No comments: