Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

While at the post office today a lady walks out and gets in her truck wearing a "cat in the hat" style hat in green and white. Every other day this year we would have pointed and laughed at the silly hat...but today it was normal.

I love St.Patricks Day. It's time to gather with family with no expectations but a good home cooked meal and some together time. No gifts. Just fun and togetherness.

We started the day with the little boys finding the gold coins a Leprechaun left for us. Ben came home from school (LOVE his teacher!!) with a Leprechaun ladder and Lucky Charms to bait it with in hopes of catching a Leprechaun.
I'm glad all we "caught" was chocolate. :)

038

We hit the parade in Bath.
078

066

061

064

The parade crew...Shaun, the boys, & my parents
051

Grandpa and Niece Maggie
056

Irish Fire Chief Billy
080

The boys enjoyed the gorgeous sunshine, and played outside while Shaun and I cleaned house and cooked dinner.

We did a traditional corned beef, carrots, potatoes, and cabbage boiled dinner. It was so good. Meals that cook all day are the best.

It was my second time in the past 6 months eating red meat. I'm stuffed and for sure going to suffer for it tomorrow, but I am certain it was worth it.

For dessert I made these adorable rainbow cupcakes. I saw some like this on pinterest and knew I had to make them when I saw the "airheads extreme" candy at Wallgreens the other day.

086

Of course I had to make two batches, some with eggs and some using Declan's egg replacer. I tinted Declan's orange and the egg version green so we could easily tell the difference.

084

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand."
 

1 comment:

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of theliver already present. I started on antiviral medications whichreduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virusbecame resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment fromULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com)) in March, 2020. Theirtreatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test afterthe 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazingtreatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.