Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day started late in the evening of Saturday with a Declan who would not sleep. He needed lots of mama cuddles. We hugged and gazed into each other's eyes until just before midnight. Five short hours later I was woken up by a well rested Garrett and Ben. Not quite the start I was hoping for but it did get better. Logan got up and watched the little boys so Declan and I could sleep in. Now THAT is an amazing Mother's Day gift. :)

But the gifts kept coming. To my bed they came bearing handmade gifts full of love and creativity.

Billy gave me a lovely card full of compliments and an amazing painting of lupines. *will add photo of it tomorrow*

Logan built this box out of Lego and put a dollar bill in it.
005

Ben brought this home from school on Thursday
029

030

Billy helped Ben and Garrett accomplish this sweet greeting on the living room floor
003

We had a big breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage, then got dressed and headed down the driveway for a cookout at my parents.

Happy Mother's Day! <3

No comments: