Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This was our first Thanksgiving in our new home and our first time hosting. Really the first big holiday dinner we have hosted and cooked for. Which comes with quite a bit of challenge. I had never in my life prepared squash, sweet potatoes, turnip, real stuffing, and well...you get the point. Nor do we own pretty much any serving dishes besides the ones we've been lent/gifted from my parents. The one part that would have freaked me out my parents offered to do...and I totally took them up on the offer...they cooked the turkey and made gravy.

There was only one real blunder for the day. We have my parents dining room set on loan and the table cloth I bought for it was too small. Making it more of an eye sore, it had deep folds in it. I decided we should throw it in the dryer on low for 5-10mins to get the wrinkles out. Oh yeah...it melted. Thank God it melted to itself and not to the dryer or the cloth table runner. So not only was it too small, it then had white blotches from where it melted and stuck to itself. AND it was even more wrinkly after being melted and ripped apart. Lesson learned. :)

IMG_3961

IMG_3973

IMG_3966

IMG_3968

IMG_3993

IMG_3951



Happy Thanksgiving!

IMG_3938

No comments: